- cleaning something
- folding the two piles of laundry staring at me on the love seat
- calling my mom to say hi
- calling one of several friends I haven't spoken to in AGES since I became a mom and my life got nutty
- giving myself a pedicure
- working on Sydney's baby book
- organizing the 1278 pictures sitting in envelopes from CVS or Walmart into albums
- planning a mini getaway with my husband who I hardly see for more that an hour at a time
- reading a book
- thinking of ways to save money
- thinking of ways to spend money
- cutting coupons
- organizing a closet
- filing bills and other crap that's piled up 2 feet tall on the desk
- now that we are moving in 18 days....PACKING! Something, anything.
- preparing dinner for the next night so I have more time to enjoy playing tea party or reading books with Sydney when I get home
- getting all of the things I usually do in the morning done so I can actually leave for work on time and get home before 6:30PM the next day
- plan awesome, educational, fun things for Sydney to experience on the weekend, in between grocery shopping, getting face time in with grandparents, church, naps, breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and cleaning the house
and the list goes on...
But what do I do, each and every one of these nights during my one single hour of Erica time? Nothing. I just sit and stare aimlessly at the TV at an episode of General Hospital on Tivo then go to bed.
Bottom line: I'm tired. But it's okay. I've come to terms with the ever-growing list of things I will get to eventually. And I'm okay with enjoying my mindless one hour to myself, doing nothing I should be doing. Without it, I may have a very short "things I should be doing list," but I would be one unhappy, exhausted mother, wife and daughter.
I'll take tired any day over that!
And since I can't seem to post without one - here's the latest and greatest Syd shot...
1 comment:
Even reading this made me tired....
Post a Comment