Friday, January 29, 2010
Reset
As a parent for a few short (long) 17 months, I've learned that some days you just want to hit the reset button. My little angel-demon has had a cold for the past few days, which means she's been less than pleasant to be around. After a few days of thrown milk, thrown food, thrown toys, tantrums, incessant whining, kicking, crying, screaming "NO, NO, NO!," and wiping a gross nose 347 times a day, her dad and I have had enough. Until last night, when in the throws of her despair at feeling so crummy, I reach down, pick her up, and she throws her tiny arms around my neck, gives me a big squeeze, kisses my face and say "Mama." Reset.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My brother the Pediatrician on kids and babies: "God makes 'em cute so you won't throw them out the window."
Post a Comment